Blog

29 May

Manika Takes a Break from Her Tour With One Direction!

Manika is one lucky girl! She’s one of the opening acts for One Direction’s headlining tour! They recently stopped in NYC (we were there – stay tuned for our pix!) and took a little break to see Times Square and read Popstar! to catch up on all of the latest gossip!

Manika and her manager CeCe check out the sights and lights of Times Sqaure!

Are you a fan of Manika?

Photos: Startraks/Sara Jaye Weiss

29 Comments

• Amber said on May 29, 2012 at 2:04 pm

I saw her with One Direction on tour and she’s such a wannabe. I had to sit down during her act cause she was that bad. It’s her voice, like she can sing decently, but her attitude was just annoying. The little kids at the show seemed to like her but considering it was their first concert they’d be happy and scream just for a spotlight.

• Lily said on May 29, 2012 at 2:29 pm

what the heck is she wearing?????

• Sam said on May 29, 2012 at 3:15 pm

I don’t even know who she is.

• Rebecca said on May 29, 2012 at 5:17 pm

i was at the one direction concert in Camden last night and she was really good. i love her song good girls….

• Manika in Popstar | Manika said on May 29, 2012 at 5:30 pm

[…] Manika was photographed on the streets of New York the day after her two shows with One Direction at the Beacon Theatre!  Check out the coverage HERE. […]

• Star said on March 5, 2015 at 9:44 pm

Great common sense here. Wish I’d thgohut of that.

• Mao said on March 6, 2015 at 8:14 am

Dlf resident / I know I also went for check up this mnth and boodly she was so rude thankfully we are planning baby one of our relatives recommended her pls do nt go to this doc .ii was reading her reviews on my smart phone after she asked me to wait to my sheer surprise this lady is also sues by a customer for negligence n death of patient .she is an old lady and very rude .

• renee said on May 29, 2012 at 6:48 pm

SOO CUTE MANIKA! love the shirt and love you!!

• alistypayhorlikson said on May 29, 2012 at 8:26 pm

she looks posed. lol. judging from your comments.. she’s a horrible singer..

• Mikayla said on May 30, 2012 at 12:01 am

You guys got it all wrong! Manika performed at my school way before the boys even announced their U.S. tour and she was really nice! It may seem like a person is different than they actually are in a much bigger, overwhelming environment, but in a smaller, more intimate situation, Manika is a very kind person. She wasn’t acting like a diva or anything while at my school either. I mean, she’s not the world’s greatest singer, but she’s not bad either. Got mad love for you, Manika. :)

• Anthony said on May 30, 2012 at 1:17 am

Hey you guys manika was in the US before one direction. She came to my high school and performed her songs, she was very nice gave autographs & too pics & gave CDs out…. Check my YouTube for her performances ! Thx

• delaney said on May 30, 2012 at 11:58 am

was this for the meet one direction sweepstakes because i just entered??

• Olga said on May 30, 2012 at 3:09 pm

Manika was amazing! I saw her at the 1D concert. Me and my friends love her!

• kaley parker said on May 30, 2012 at 8:12 pm

Manika. who likes her please respond

• Gene Wheeler said on May 31, 2012 at 6:41 pm

Manika you have a very fresh, Night Club, sound; you also possess the visionary qualities which have their expression in your lyrics! Which is evidence of your blossoming, stardom!

Namaste’ :)

• Gene Wheeler said on May 31, 2012 at 6:56 pm

Those that left negative, comments about Manika obviously, have not listened to one of her songs. Her voice really does have the contemporary, pop-star, quality! Check-it-out!
    Sincerely,
    Love & Peace!

• Judy said on June 2, 2012 at 5:20 am

Her song good girls has been stuck in my head since I saw her perform on Monday, loved her, she was fun….

• Mel said on June 4, 2012 at 11:10 am

I interviewed Manika for my blog MelismaticBlog.com – and she answered some Q’s about 1D! -> http://bit.ly/L1PFMc

• June 2, 2012: One Direction, Olly Murs and Manika perform in Chicago (photos) | Ifelicious Thoughts said on June 4, 2012 at 6:47 pm

[…] POPSTAR- Manika takes a break from her tour with One Direction! […]

• Beatriz said on March 5, 2015 at 11:04 pm

Nisha rathore / Hi Swats,To you also I would rmeeomcnd to shortlist a few of them.Meet them personally and continue with the one you ultimately like.3 years back I shortlisted Dr Veena Bhat and Dr Dwivedee.Infact told both of them that for initial few visits I will consult both of you and they should not have problem as I was getting the invoice made for both of them.After my 3rd or 4th visit I decided to continue with Dr Kaushiki Dwivedee for various reasons.Not that Dr Veena Bhat is not good but Dr Dwivedee seemed better to me.

• Cruz said on March 6, 2015 at 5:50 am

/ Oh ok, I had no idea the procedure was such here. I had my first child in Mumbai and the gynae I went to I had to visit at the nirusng home I wanted to deliver at. We have been in Singapore last few years and there too I had to visit the doc at the hospital I wanted to deliver at.This solves my problem. Thanks a lot. Will keep you posted on my visit to Dr Krishnan. BTW, when is your wife due ???? Wish her all the best.CheersLeena

• mari said on June 8, 2012 at 4:45 pm

i love her voice:)

• Open said on March 5, 2015 at 4:00 pm

ritu m / I will suggest that you visit my gynae in max hotipsal.She is really good with her patients , she takes good care and encourages you for a normal delivery also. I went to her in my 2nd pregnancy on the recommendation of a freind and I really thank my freind today for her true advice. I had some problem in my pregnancy- I had lot of itching and the doctor had done some tests and controlled it with medicines.She handled it very well for me.At time of delivery I had asked her to do caeser for me but she encoureged me to have a normal delivery.She really supported me well.I would recommend her to all my freinds so that they also thank me as i thank my freind for guiding me.

• Anindya said on March 6, 2015 at 8:06 pm

Richa Agarwal / Hi Guys,I have visited Dr. Geeta Baruah Nath at Artemis hoitspal. She has asked us to undergo a series of test in the first visit such as: cbc, bs f&pp, vdrl, hiv, hbsag, rubella igg&igm, tsh, hb electrophoresis, urine r/e abo & rh grp.Can you please suggest/share feedback regarding her ? Should I continue with her or not and are these tests normal ?Many thanks in advance.

• Clarissa said on June 26, 2012 at 6:55 pm

I saw her at the one direction concert in Dallas and she was really good

• Macy said on September 5, 2012 at 7:30 pm

I saw 1D, Olly Murs, and Manika in Atlanta in June!!! She did amaZAYN!! She really got me pumped for 1D(:

• Ivandro said on December 10, 2012 at 2:11 am

I am sitting here at 3:30am and unlbae to sleep. I found your blog and realized while I was reading it that you were refering to me. I am touched and honored that you wanted to share your thoughts and feelings after reading my blog post. Please know that while I am coming to terms with my own reality, I celebrate yours and all those that are surviving from this horrible disease. Thank you for mentioning me and for thinking about me.Alli

• emma said on March 30, 2013 at 2:28 am

happy for you and wish you the best. and kell girls .

• Anonymous said on September 13, 2013 at 7:54 pm

one direction. teen bos pop star is hot i like one direction teen boy.

Visit the Popshop

The Official Popstar Magazine Store

Go to Popshop

Poll

If you could switch places with any celeb, who would it be?

Loading ... Loading ...